Monday, January 28, 2013

He Said What?

I turned 45 last year and decided it was time to get back out there and hopefully make a connection.  I've been on my own for over nine years and I'm ready to meet someone.  So I gave myself a present of a short term subscription to both Match.com and Jdate.  I had been on and off of Jdate for the past few years and didn't really make an effort so I needed a little help in the profile department.  Apparently my introduction of "Bubbly Old Soul with a Heart of Gold" was attracting NO ONE!  Well, that's not entirely true but I'm not the Anna Nicole Smith type and wasn't going for the gold.

Two of my friends stepped in to help clean it up and I was ready to go.  I removed a few really old photos and left one that I think looked pretty cute:)

I knew I had to put forth some effort this time and started typing away.  Nothing ventured nothing gained right?  It's all a numbers game and I knew it, needless to say my fingers were getting a little tired.  But slowly I would receive a reply for every BILLION I would send out:) 

My first and second blind date were scheduled!  I was meeting this guy for coffee on a very lovely Saturday afternoon.  I treated myself to a manicure and got in my car with the windows and sunroof open listening to some fabulous song, it was October and the weather was beautiful.  I parked and "rechecked" myself in the mirror.  I started walking towards the coffee house and decided to sit outside and wait for him to arrive. 

The next thing I know he comes up to me asking if I was "me" and then he preceded to say this......"You know, you don't look anything like your profile picture and I'm not interested".  He immediately turned around and walked away, no coffee, no water, nothing.  Shocked that someone would be so mean I just started laughing, got up and walked to my car.

That comment said more about him than me and I didn't take it personally, I just moved on......

No comments:

Post a Comment