Thursday, January 17, 2013

Loved being the host!


I recently hosted a cocktail party at my house to celebrate the New Year and my birthday.  It was my second time having company since moving this past summer.  The first time was for Hanukkah with my family and only involved ordering some pizza from Moccios and making a colorful salad!  This time I needed a little help which is where Michelle @ My Inspired Table comes in.  I wanted to keep it simple and she offered up some great suggestions.  I didn’t have to worry about drinks because I had asked my friends to bring a favorite bottle of wine.  Well, the day of the party I had prepared nothing!  I left work early and headed straight to Mariano’s in Vernon Hills, I love that place!  Following Michelle’s  tips I headed straight to the cheese section and my new friend Jennifer was eager to help!   She not only picked out a few delicious cheeses but also a colorful assortment of olives and other goodies from the antipasto bar and a nice baguette.  I also splurged for some great shrimp and I was in and out in a flash.  I decided once I got home to use my china, crystal and silver.  I felt like such a grown-up!

 Thank you so much Michelle, you have inspired me to step outside of the boxJ

No comments:

Post a Comment